National Hair Day – October 1, 2023, history significance why we celebrate
On October 1st, there is a holiday called National Hair Day to honor the variety and beauty of hair. National Hair Day encourages people to accept and enjoy their individual hair journeys, whether they are natural hair, a trendy hairstyle, or a creative color decision. We shall examine the background, timing, and ways to observe this colorful and expressive day in this post.
History of National Hair Day
Perhaps since the dawn of time, hair has been the crowning splendor of the human head! In fact, according to academics, the comb may have been utilized by the ancient Egyptians as early as 5500 BC. Though it took a little longer, the Kent Hairbrush Company is said to have been founded in Hertfordshire, England, in 1777.
Although wealthy individuals have been getting their hair done for generations, this practice originally involved a family member or possibly a personal servant.
Legros de Rumigny, a hairdresser for the French court, was the first person in Europe to identify himself as a “professional” hairdresser by the middle of the eighteenth century. He even wrote a book on hair styling that featured illustrations of the distinctive hairstyles he had created. The title of the book was Art de la Coiffure des Dames, which is French for The Art of Ladies’ Hairstyles.
National Hair Day is a little more recent and is only now starting to establish its own history. This day was created in 2017 by the hair care firm NuMe to honor the styling tools and hair care supplies that go into making each person’s hair as attractive as possible.
NATIONAL HAIR DAY TIMELINE
- 10th Century BC
Hair gels date back in time.
People used a fatty substance-based hair gel in ancient Egypt to style their hair.
Red hair, locks, and pin curls are examples of royal hair.
When Queen Elizabeth wears this hairdo, it instantly gains popularity. Even women trim their brows and hairlines like Her Majesty!
The bob is very popular.
It’s time for a more freeing hairdo now that women can vote: the short bob.
Get a perm, then.
Rita Hayworth and other famous women frequent salons to have perm treatments.
The Wave engulfs the planet in the 2000s.
Women can get the trendy look of sun-kissed beachy waves at home or in a salon using a variety of hair tools and products.
- National Hair Day – October 1, 2023, history, timeline, facts
- National Homemade Cookies Day – October 1, 2023, history significance why we celebrate
- International Coffee Day Oct 1,2023, history, timeline, facts
- World Heritage Day – September 24, 2022 history significance why we celebrate
5 HAIR-RAISING FACTS
- Protein Makes Up Most of Hair: Keratin, a type of protein, makes up the majority of hair. Along with the hair on your head, your nails, and the top layer of your skin are all made of this sturdy, fibrous protein.
- Hair Growth Rate Varies: The average annual rate of hair growth is about 6 inches (15 centimeters), or roughly half an inch (1.25 centimeter) each month. However, the pace of growth can differ significantly between people and be influenced by things like genetics, aging, and general health.
- Pigment Determines Hair Color: The kind and quantity of melanin present in the hair shaft determines the color of your hair. Pheomelanin results in red or blonde hair, while eumelanin causes black or brown hair. These pigments can be combined and concentrated to produce a variety of hair hues.
- Hair is Stronger Than Steel: Human hair is extraordinarily strong, pound for pound, and is even stronger than steel. It is frequently compared to steel that is the same thickness. This does not imply that hair is impervious to injury, since it can still be harmed by heat, chemicals, and harsh handling.
- Cyclical Hair development: There are various phases of hair development. Hair cells are actively growing and dividing quickly during the anagen period. This stage may continue for several years. During the catagen phase, which lasts a few weeks, hair growth slows down as a transitional stage. The telogen period, in which hair does not grow, can extend for several months. Because hair follicles go through these phases on their own, you don’t lose all of your hair at once.
How to Celebrate National Hair Day
Hair pampering: Indulge in a spa-style hair care regimen. For a revitalizing experience, use your preferred shampoo, conditioner, and hair mask.
Test the Waters: Try out a brand-new hairdo, color, or accessories. Today is a perfect time to experiment with new looks and step outside of your comfort zone.
Share Your Hair Journey: Post about your hair journey on social media. Discuss your relationship with your hair, any changes, or your preferred products in pictures, anecdotes, or videos.
Visit a Stylist: National Hair Day is the ideal time to go to a qualified stylist and achieve the look you want if you’ve been considering having a new haircut or style.
Study Cultural haircuts: Spend some time learning about and appreciating the cultural importance of the diverse haircuts used in different parts of the world. It’s a fantastic method to understand and become more culturally conscious.
Is there a world hair day?
Finally! There's a day to express your love for your hair — National Hair Day on October 1.
What day is the best hair day?
The 26th of March is designated as “Good Hair Day” each year.
What day is black hair day?
July 3rd marks National CROWN Day, also known as Black hair independence day.